STRLNCH is a comprehensive 6-DOF store separation simulation software package applicable to high angle-of-attack launch from maneuvering aircraft at subsonic and supersonic speeds. Released store/missile aerodynamics are modeled by either the MISL3 or MISDL software.
STRLNCH runs fast on PCs (Windows & Linux). Reduces need for costly wind tunnel tests. Indispensable in preliminary safe store launch assessment and parent aircraft/store integration studies.
Applicable to Monte Carlo simulations and statistical analysis of factors affecting safe separation.
Range of Flow Parameters
Subsonic through supersonic Mach numbers
Parent aircraft angles of attack/sideslip up to 60 degrees
Arbitrarily maneuvering aircraft
Nonzero rotational rates
Important Parent Aircraft Modeling Features
VTXCHN fuselage modeling for high angles of attack
Stall models for wing/pylon(s) at high angles of attack
Important Store and Release Modeling Features
See MISL3 and MISDL information
Effects of parent aircraft nonuniform flow
Noncircular store modeling with MISDL
Canard-tail vortical interference
Rail/tube launch option
Hook release and delay modeling
Ejection force models
Thrust time histories
Time dependent mass properties
Umbilical chord/disconnect model
Lanyard disconect model
Special modeling for wing-tip mounted missiles
Launched store 6-DOF trajectory characteristics: translational and rotational positions, velocities and accelerations
Overall 6-DOF forces and moments time histories:
CA, CY, CN, Cl, Cm, Cn
Fin forces and moments: CAF, CNF, CHM, CBM
Detailed carriage load distributions on store body and fins
Spreadsheet files of trajectory state variables, store loads, etc.
Flow field components velocities
Tecplot® compatible files for:
3-D animations of trajectories
2-D plots of the released store trajectory characteristics
Details of the parent aircraft induced flow field
Aircraft Models (partial list)
Aircraft: F-4, F-5, AV-8B, F-14, F-15, F-16, F/A-18, F-22,
B-52, CN-235, 737, 747, 767, L1011, Draken, PC-21
SH-60B, SH-2G, OH-6
Additional Applications to Launch Vehicles
- Reisenthel, P. H., Lesieutre, D. J. and Quijano, O. E. "Statistical Analysis of Jettison Ejection Scenarios," AIAA-2015-1526, Jan. 2015.
- Lesieutre, D. J., Dillenius, M. F. E., and Gjestvang, J. A., "Store Separation Simulation of the Penguin Missile from Helicopters," Paper Number 9, Presented at NATO-RTO Symposium on Innovative Missile Systems, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, May 2006, RTO-MP-AVT-135.
- Lesieutre, D. J., Dillenius, M. F. E., and Gjestvang, J., "Store Separation Simulation of Penguin Missile from Helicopters," AIAA 2002-0278, Jan. 2002.
- Lesieutre, D. J., Dillenius, M. F. E., and Gjestvang, J., "Application of MISDL/KDA Aerodynamics Prediction Method to Penguin Missile," AIAA 2002-0277, Jan. 2002.
- Dillenius, M. F. E., Lesieutre, D. J., Perkins, S. C., Jr., and Love, J. F., "Prediction of Nonlinear Missile Aerodynamics with Applications Including Store Separation," RTO-MP-5, Missile Aerodynamics, Nov. 1998.
- Dillenius, M. F. E., Perkins, S. C., Jr., and Lesieutre, D. J., "Engineering Level Methods for Carriage Loads, High-Alpha Launch from Pitching Aircraft, and Submunition Aerodynamics," AGARD CP-570, Aerodynamics of Store Integration and Separation, Feb. 1996, pp. 10-1 - 10-9.
- Mendenhall, M. R., Lesieutre, T. O., Lesieutre, D. J., and Dillenius, M. F. E., "Carriage and Release Aerodynamics of the Pegasus Air-Launched Space Booster," AGARD CP-570, Aerodynamics of Store Integration and Separation, Feb. 1996, pp. 11-1 - 11-12.
- Dillenius, M. F. E., Lesieutre, D. J., Whittaker, C. H., and Lesieutre, T. O., "New Application of Engineering Level Missile Aerodynamics and Store Separation Prediction Methods," AIAA-1994-0028, Jan. 1994.
- Dillenius, M. F. E., Perkins, S. C., Jr., Johnson, D. L., and Lesieutre, D. J., "Engineering Level Predictions for External Store Separation and Submunition Aerodynamics," Store Carriage, Integration, and Release Proceedings, Royal Aeronautical Society, Apr. 1990, pp. 18.1 - 18.21.
Aero Software Licensing and Training
Missile Aerodynamics Prediction: MISL3
Detailed Missile Loads: MISDL
Euler Solver: NEARZEUSIN (with Inlets) /ZEUSBL
Aircraft Store Separation and Carriage Loads Analysis: STRLNCH
Aircraft Unsteady Maneuvering: SHAMAN
Unsteady Hydrodynamic Analysis: SUBFLO_2
User’s Training for all NEAR Software
State Department Export License and TAA Preparation as Required